The Sexy Vegan
Lent is in full swing so on Friday’s we are not allowed to eat meat. Most people choose fish for dinner, but I thought that this would be a great day to post a Vegetarian dinner for the fitness crowd who are meatless.
Adapted recipe from: The Sexy Vegan Cookbook by Brian L. Patton
“The Quote-Unquote Tuna Melt”
- Mash in a bowl: 15 oz of chickpeas
- In another bowl: mix together 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons greek yogurt or light mayo, 1 tablespoon relish, 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, 1 celery stalks into cubes, salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together mayo mixture & chickpeas
- Joseph Lavash wraps or panini/english muffin/or other bread of choice: coat outside of bread with coconut oil spray and inbetween the slices place one serving of Go Veggie shredded cheese (the best vegan cheese found in the refrigerated section next to the vegetables) or Borden slice cheese (0g fat, has a picture of a cow on the front) and also some of the chickpea mixture.
- Place sandwich into panini press or cook in a skillet