Seattle Asian Salmon Bowl
My favorite website & book resource for quick and nutritious meals is SkinnyTaste or skinnytaste.com. It takes some manipulating to include salmon into my macros for the day (7 oz of salmon is 20g of fat) BUT that just means I have to leave out peanut butter and/or cheese for the day. “IIFYM” plan is great for a nutritious lifestyle.
- Cook one fillet of salmon
- In a small bowl mix together: 1 tbs liquid aminos (soy sauce), 1 teaspoon wasabi sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or any other vinegar works as well), 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat up Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice (long grain & wild works the best) in the microwave for 90 seconds
- In a bowl layer 1 serving of rice, 1 oz avocado, 2 tablespoons chopped onions, 1-2 oz of sliced cucumbers, sesame seeds & sprouts to your liking. Then add salmon and pour the pre-made sauce over the entire bowl
- Optional: take 1/4 of a sheet of dried seaweed and crumble over the top of the bowl