Nutritious Versions of Comfort Foods
- Use Stonefire pizza crust, add sauce, 2 servings of fat free mozzarella cheese, and 8 oz of shredded chicken
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries, spray with coconut oil spray, and bake at 450 for 7 minutes each side, may need additional 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with shredded parm cheese (1 tbs = 1g of fat) or shredded cheese and dip into ketchup
- Nachos: add onions, olives, corn, jalapeños on top of your sweet potato fries
- Ice Cream:
- Edy’s ice cream has slow churned at only 2g of fat & 18g of carbs!
- Arctic Zero: try the chunky pints, especially the cookie dough flavor!
- Heat oven to 350 and spray coconut oil on a baking sheet
- Mix together: 1 egg, 3/4 cup of peanut butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup or one banana, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and pinch of salt
- Makes 12 cookies
- Bake for 8-10 mins
- Mac n cheese:
- My favorite recipe from skinny taste is the BEST nutritious version I have made thats a great substitute for mac n cheese, uses spaghetti squash!