Friday’s are my vegetarian recipe post for those observing Lent and for others who want to cook a meatless meal tonight 🙂
The Sexy Vegan Cookbook by Brian Patton:
“Grilled “Fish” Tacos”
- Cut tofu into rectangular pieces
- In a small bowl whisk together: 1 cup lime juice, 2 tsp seaweed powder (optional), 2 tsp fresh cilantro, 1/4 tsp ground chipotle (or other spicy spice), 1/2 tsp salt, and pinch of pepper.
- Place mixture in a ziplock bag with the tofu pieces and marinate for 4 hours
- Heat a skillet and spray with coconut oil spray. Place tofu pieces in the pan and cook BOTH sides for 6-8 mins
- For the fish taco sauce mix together: 2 tbs lime juice, 1/4 cup light sour cream, 1/4 cup greek yogurt (or light mayo) and dashes of hot sauce.
- Cut tofu into long thick french fry shapes
- Place on a tortilla:
- The fish taco sauce, 3 tofu pieces, shredded red cabbage, tomatoes, and scallions