Monday morning is just around the corner and, especially after a holiday weekend, you may start to feel stressed about all the tasks you have to accomplish in the upcoming week. Everyday this week use just one of my following tips to help keep your stress level at bay. This will allow you to not only stay focused during the day but it will help you maximize the results from your workouts.
- Eat oatmeal in the morning: Not only does the complex carbs of oatmeal provide a sense of fullness & long lasting energy, but the complex carbs releases a neurotransmitter, serotonin, which naturally gives you a sense of calmness
- Dark chocolate: When you eat dark chocolate your brain releases feel good endorphins
- Green tea: Theanine, found in tea, is known to release “alpha waves” in the brain, which is a signal for relaxation
- Walk outside: Just 5-10 mins of sunlight will relax you. The sunlight triggers the release of serotonin in your body
- Join a book club/knit club/mommy group, grab a coffee, or meet up with a friend: Each of these social interactions will release hormones that will counteract the effects of stress
On Monday, which stress reliever will you choose?