Skinny Chicken Enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo!
Makes 8 enchiladas!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Enchilada sauce: In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté 2 cloves of garlic (or minced garlic in a jar). Add 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Chicken mixture: Heat the 1 tsp vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté 1 cup onions and 2 garlic cloves (or minced garlic in a jar) on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add 8.5 oz already cooked & shredded chicken, pinch of salt, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/3 cup chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into each tortilla (use 4-6 lavash low carb wraps) and roll it. Place all tortillas on baking dish seam side down and top all with enchilada sauce. Then top all tortilla rolls with 1 cup low fat mexican shredded cheese.
- Cover with baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with light sour cream or plain fage 0% greek yogurt
*Read more at Skinny Taste: Chicken Enchiladas