Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Fail to plan, plan to fail….Meal prep this dinner tonight and stay on track all week! This recipe can give you 6 dinners for the week, all you have to do is reheat!
Macros for 1/2 pepper:
3G fat, 19g carbs, 18g protein
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray olive oil spray in a medium nonstick skillet and heat on a medium heat. Add 1/4 cup diced onion, 1 minced garlic clove (or 2 tbs jarred minced garlic), 1 tbs cilantro, and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add to the skillet: 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin and cook meat until it is completely cooked through
- Add to the skillet: 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly add to the skillet: 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- Cut 3 bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup meat mixture into each pepper half and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top each with 1 tbsp cheese. Pour another 1/2 cup of chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and serve right away.